Player's Code of Conduct
As members of a playing community, we strive to uphold values of teamwork, effort, and, above all, good sportsmanship. Players in Old Allegheny Soccer Program are expected to do all of the following:
1. Play by the rules of the game.
2. Play the game for the game’s sake, and not just to please their parents or coach.
3. Be modest and generous when winning and gracious when losing.
4. Respect the game of soccer and its laws, learn these laws and try to follow them, and play the game fairly.
5. Work for the good of their team and give their best effort at all times.
6. Show respect for the authority of the referee, even though they will sometimes disagree with the calls.
7. Show good sportsmanship before, during, and after games. Soccer is a game, and the players on the other team are opponents, not enemies.
8. Conduct themselves with honor and dignity and treat other players as they would like to be treated.
9. Help their parents and fans understand the laws of the game so they can watch and enjoy the game better.
10. Control their temper and not retaliate, even if they believe they have been wronged.
11. Not use or possess tobacco, alcohol, or illegal or performance-enhancing drugs.
Failure to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines will result in disciplinary action by Old Allegheny Soccer that could include, but is not limited to the following: