Coach's Code of Conduct
1. Represent Old Allegheny Soccer, their community and team and agree to act accordingly at all times. Learn and know the rules of the game and the policies of Old Allegheny Soccer.
2. Understand that coaching is a position of trust.
3. Be a positive role model for their players and maintain their personal integrity and dignity at all times.
4. Demand a sports environment that is free from drugs, alcohol and tobacco and refrain from their use at all games, exhibitions, practices and events.
5. Never coach a game or conduct a practice under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
6. Never swear, use profanity or make obscene gestures, or engage in any inappropriate behavior or conduct, at any time.
7. Always remember that players are involved in Old Allegheny Soccer programs for fun and enjoyment, and do everything possible to keep the game fun and enjoyable.
8. Understand that as a youth coach, the game is for the children, not the adults.
9. Always have a positive attitude and always praise players for trying hard, playing fair and doing their best, regardless of the outcome of the game.
10. Never criticize or yell at any player for making a mistake.
11. Do not tolerate any physical or verbal abuse in youth sports.
12. Understand that winning is a consideration, but not the only one, nor the most important one.
13. Place the well being of every player above your personal desire to win.
14. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
15. Understand that being a coach means being, first and foremost, a teacher.
16. Teach your players basic skills, techniques and strategies, and give all your players the opportunity to improve their skills, gain confidence and develop self-esteem at practice and in games.
17. Always display good sportsmanship and fair play, and encourage the same from players, colleagues, opponents, parents and spectators.
18. Treat players in a fair and equal manner.
19. Stress that teamwork and being a team player are more important than individual goals.
20. Explain the goals and objectives for the team, as well as the rules of the game and the policies of Old Allegheny Soccer, whenever requested or necessary, to the best of your ability.
21. Inspect all equipment and fields on a regular basis to ensure the safety of players.
22. Maintain and update current clearances and certifications.
23. Respect the referees and game officials and their authority during every game.
24. Do not dispute, challenge or excessively argue any decisions made by them, or confront any referee or league official at the field before, during or after a game. Whenever necessary, take the time to calmly and rationally discuss any situation or call made during a game with a referee or league official.
25. In the event of a disagreement, I will not question, discuss, or confront officials, coaches, or spectators at the game field, and will take time to speak with said party at an agreed upon time and place (24 hour window minimum from event time).
Violations of Old Allegheny Soccer’s Coach's Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action that could include any of the following:
● Game suspension
● Season suspension
● Removal from program